Archive for the ‘Silly Quizzes’ Category
Posted by adamswife on March 22, 2008
Posted by adamswife on February 19, 2008
I love this! I really like being 20 something!
You Act Like You Are 21 Years Old
Posted by adamswife on February 16, 2008
It has been a less-than-stellar week. The longer the week wears on the more I want to curl up somewhere and sleep for about a year. Today my eyes itch and hurt and I can’t stop sneezing. My mind seems to be on permanent vacation, too. So, I have been saving these blog things for just such a day as this. Find out which Sesame Street character you are and let us know “How’s your karma.” Be sure to report your results in comments. After all – inquiring minds want to know!
|You Are Cookie Monster
Misunderstood as a primal monster, you’re a true hedonist with a huge sweet tooth.You are usually feeling: Hungry. Cookies are preferred, but you’ll eat anything if cookies aren’t around.You are famous for: Your slightly crazy eyes and usual way of speaking. How you life your life: In the moment. “Me want COOKIE!”
You Have Fantastic Karma
You are a kind, sensitive, and giving person.And all your good deeds will pay off – if they haven’t already.But you’re not so concerned with what you get in return anyway.You have an innate caring nature – and nothing can change that!
Posted by adamswife on February 4, 2008
My brain is taking a vacation today. I can’t think of a thing that I want to write about. I could tell you about Joshua waking me up this morning to tell me his brother couldn’t find his shoes and gloves for school. Then he wanted to know why it was dark in here. “Because the lights aren’t on.” Well, being a 3-year-old it didn’t take long for him to remedy that situation.
Or maybe you’d like to hear how Emily had a fit because she couldn’t find her coat for school. She was absolutely certain she had left it “right there” on the floor in her bedroom. When we finally convinced her she’d have to wear the old coat she had another fit, sat down on the floor, and refused to go to school at all. (Mom finally took her to the bus stop.)
I’m really tired of talking about the weather, so I won’t tell you that it snowed all day yesterday, that our school district is the only one for 100 miles in any direction that is not closed for the day, or that daughter nearly didn’t make it down the street in her minivan because the snow has accumulated to such a depth.
Since I have absolutely nothing interesting to say, I will just post this Blogthing and let you read all about my past life.
| You Were a Porcupine
Posted by adamswife on January 31, 2008
A meme for Thursday Thirteen, with a bonus because it’s a list of 20 things. Enjoy!
Here’s the rules: Remove 1 question from below, and add in your personal question, making it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8-10 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that they have been tagged.
1. At what age do you, or did you, wish to marry? I was married at 23 and again at 29. I don’t wish to marry again, ever.
2. What color do you like most? That would have to be blue.
3. Where do you want to go the most? I don’t have a lot of desire to travel. If I have to choose something, probably the inland cruise to Alaska.
4. Which part of you do you hate the most? My dry skin. Sometimes I itch so bad you’d think I was an old dog with fleas.
5. When you encounter a sad moment, what do you do? Experience it, and then move on.
6. What are you afraid to lose the most? My sanity
7. If you win $1 million, what would you do? Pay off all my doctors, buy a nice little house, hire a nurse so that Ed could come home until he dies.
8. What’s your wish for the year ahead? Better health than I’ve experienced in several years.
9. How did you celebrate the New Year? A party with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. Everyone went to sleep before midnight except my 8-year-old grandson and me.
10. What one thing has had the greatest influence on your life? My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has influenced everything I have ever done or hope to do.
11. Which type of person do you hate the most? Anyone who would abuse a child in any way – sexually, physically, emotionally.
12. What is your greatest ambition? To see my grandchildren grow to be good men and women.
13. If you had one wish what would you wish for? Money? Prestige? Fame? Fortune? World Peace? I don’t think so. I would wish to see the Second Coming of Christ.
14. Name one of your body parts your hubby or boyfriend tells you he adores: My boobs – They’re not as enticing as they used to be, but for some things he has a good memory. (not mine, but very similar)
15. What is the best gift you can give someone this year? Unquestioned love
16. List two of your Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions. I didn’t make any resolutions. I have, however, taken on two challenges this year – 1) Read and ‘report’ on 50 books, and 2) use up my yarn stash and unwanted fabric to make warm things to donate next winter, probably to the women’s shelter.
17. What is the craziest thing you’ll do or have done in 2008? I don’t generally plan ahead for craziness. However, anything crazy will probably involve my favorite cousin. We have been known to supply sound effects for a too-quiet fireworks display, to laugh until we wet ourselves, and to run away in the middle of the day to escape our children for a few hours.
18. What are the Top 2 things you are most thankful for in the year 2007 that made you even happier for 2008? One thing I’m thankful for from 2007 is blogging. I was a total novice when my friend, Zazzy, introduced me to the concept through her website Diabetic Round Table. It has helped me to feel connected to the world outside my home. It is also one of the changes that helped me out of a depression that was worsening rapidly. The other thing I am most thankful for is the improvement in my daughter’s mental health. She has struggled with mental illness related to her thyroid imbalance and resulting lack of sleep (sleep deprived psychosis) and from PTSD. She has grown stronger during 2007 and continues to be happier and healthier in 2008
19. What was the best lesson you learned in 2007? Never let a doctor operate on me with only a local anesthetic!
20. In this very moment, are you doing what you thought you’d be doing at this stage in your life? Nope! Not even a little bit. I learned a long time ago not to make too many plans for the future. You know what Bobby Burns said about the best-laid plans. I had a vague idea that at this point in my life I would be sharing a home with my husband where we had lived for a minimum of 15 years. We would have many friends in the community. Our family would look forward to coming to visit us. I would teach school for 9 months each year building up a nice retirement fund and then spend the summers gardening and preserving the harvest. Life happens when you’re making other plans.
I accepted a voluntary tag for this meme from Sandy at Momisodes. I will, like she, leave it up to you whether you would like to be tagged. If you decide to take the tag, let me know and I’ll add your link. Thank you.
Posted by adamswife on January 28, 2008
Chris tagged me with a meme, so that’s what you get today.
Here’s how it works: Use the first letter of your name to answer each question. Must be places or names…Nothing made up. Can’t use your own name for boy/girl’s name question. If you can’t answer, skip to next one.1. Famous Singer: Englebert Humperdinck – If you don’t know who he is you’re just ‘way too young. 2. Four Letter Word: Eewe – followed by “What’s that?”
3. Street: Eleventh Avenue 4. Colour: Ecru
5. Gifts/Present: Emeralds, diamonds, and rubies – It doesn’t say it has to be something I have actually received.
6. Vehicle: Escort by Ford
7. Things in Souvenir Shop: Eggs, hand-painted, decorated
8. Boy Name: Ephraim
9. Girl Name: Emily
10. Movie title: E.T. The Extraterrestrial 11. Drink: Evian water
12. OCCUPATION: Engineer
13. Celebrity: Emilio Estevez 14. Magazine: Elle
15. City: Eden – Where I met hubby 16. Sports: Elephant polo
17. Fruit: Elderberry
18. Reason for Being Late to work: Electricity went out and I didn’t know what time it was.
19. Something that you throw away: Empty bottles 20. Something you shout: Eeek!
Now I’m supposed to tag some other people. Hmmm! I think I should tag Forgetfulone, storyteller, Smiler, and Zazzy. No complaining, now! You know you all love memes. If you’ve already done this one, just leave us a link to it. Please? *begging*
Posted by adamswife on January 25, 2008
I‘m not feeling too creative today. Didn’t have anything profound or funny or even mildly interesting to say. So I posted a “Friday Feast” thinking to skip the Haiku this week. Then I visited Jientje and found her blogthing about the brain. And I visited some blogs with very nice haikus posted. What can I say? They inspired me. This is the result.
Visit A Mommy Story for more haiku
| Your Brain is Blue
Of all the brain types, yours is the most mellow.You tend to be in a meditative state most of the time. You don’t try to think away your troubles.Your thoughts are realistic, fresh, and honest. You truly see things as how they are.You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about your friends, your surroundings, and your life.
Posted by adamswife on January 15, 2008
I got this in an e-mail. I thought it would make a good blog for one of those days when you can’t think of anything to say – like today. Random things you might like to know!
Name: Carla Adams although I am sometimes known as “Eve” because I am “Adams’ Wife.” Nicknames: The LiveWire Birth date: May 25 What are you wearing right now? Jammies and a flannel shirt
Who do you live with? My daughter, Laura, and her family. Do you have any pets? No, just grandchildren
What’s your favorite food? Mexican Is your room messy or clean right now? Messy What’s your favorite drink? water If you don’t recognize the number on your caller ID, do you answer? Yes, some of my friends have unavailable numbers. How many speeding ticket have you received? One Do you sleep with a stuffed toy? No What is it? When was the last time you were on a diet? I don’t do diets. What is a long term goal of yours? To be happy Short term? Get stronger physically What is your favorite type of fast food? Tacos from Jack-in-the-Box Have you ever truly been in love? Absolutely. Where did you go on your funniest vacation? Probably riding with Ed on the big rig How many car accidents have you been in? 1 How many were your fault? 0 Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My sister, Connie
Do you chew on the straw? No – I like to get stuff through it, not mash it down!
What are you listening to right now? My own thoughts
What star/celebrity do most people say you resemble? As far as I know I don’t resemble anyone. When was the last time you received mail other than junk mail and bills? Yesterday What brand of tennis shoes do you prefer? I don’t wear tennis shoes
What did you dress up as last Halloween? Silly old grandma (in other words, just my usual self)
What brand of shampoo and conditioner do you use? Suave volumizing Who was the last person you said “I love you” to? Ed What do you have on your bedroom walls? 60’s paneling About how many friends from high school do you still talk to? Any I happen to see. What is your favorite color? Blue What sports did you play in high school? I don’t play sports Are you a lover or a fighter? Mostly a lover, but I fight when sufficiently provoked
Do you read the Bible? Of Course! Do you like to go camping? Yes, although I prefer a cabin with hot and cold running water and electricity to a tent with no amenities.
What is your favorite book? Jayne Eyre Do you keep a journal? Intermittently When is the last time you puked? I try not to keep track Have you ever broken any bones? No Which? Can you drive a stick-shift car? Yes Who is your favorite actor/actress? Don’t have a favorite What cologne/perfume do you wear? None, I am allergic to most of them. Wal-Mart or Target? Wal-Mart – I can get more stuff there What size bed do you have in your room? Queen size
Are you more like your mom or your dad? Both Do you floss your teeth? sometimes Do you snore? Oh, yeah. Are you outgoing, or do you keep to yourself most of the time? Some of each. Do you smile with your teeth when getting your picture taken? Sure When was the last time you worked out? A couple weeks ago Do you know how to sew? Yes About how many pairs of jeans do you own? 4 Do you like short or long hair on someone of the opposite sex? Short What are your bad habits? Eating for comfort Have you ever been fired from a job? Yes What was the last live sporting event you attended? HS Football. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes, in the front Did you ever wear braces? No Are you artistic/creative? Sometimes What kind of mood are you in right now? Happy
Posted by adamswife on January 10, 2008
I picked up this quiz from Dasnowz.
You Are an Excellent Cook
You’re a top cook, but you weren’t born that way. It’s taken a lot of practice, a lot of experimenting, and a lot of learning.
It’s likely that you have what it takes to be a top chef, should you have the desire…