13 Random Bits
Posted by adamswife on April 10, 2008
Header graphic courtesy of Cindi @ Whisperings from the Wings
1. I had fried rice and sweet-n-sour pork for breakfast this morning. Actually, it was plain pork – I don’t like sweet-n-sour sauce, so I leave it off. I consider this an entirely rational and acceptable breakfast menu.
2. Lookin’ Out My Back Door Those white blobs you see on the photo are snowflakes. It is snowing today in Idaho Falls.
3. Lookin’ Out My Front Door We’ve seen this bush before when it was REALLY covered with snow.
SEARCH TERMS THAT HAVE LED OTHERS TO MY SITE
4. These are toes
5. Cornflakes cookies recipes
6. Partofeverything Melissa
7. Chicken skin neck
8. The family life of a porcupine
9. 1970 Valentine cards
10. Wrapping trees by famous artists
These have all left me scratching my head as to what I might have said that would bring this search to me. Especially the Melissa thing.
11. I cut my hair (and my son-in-law, my grandsons, and others over the years) with a Flowbee and have done for 15 years or more. I wore one out and had to get a new one. This drives my hairdresser crazy! 😀
12. One of my favorite memories from childhood is the Sunday afternoon drive. We would go with my dad’s parents and ride through the countryside looking at the newly plowed and planted fields. When it got so that grandpa had a tendency to “drive where he was looking” and not look where he was driving we always went in our car with Dad doing the driving. Very few farmers could pull a row straight enough to earn the admiration of these two men.
13. “Things are only impossible until they’re not.” Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation. I really like this quote because it reminds me of my high school chemistry teacher. He used to say, “I love young people. They’re too dumb to know something is impossible, so they go ahead and do it anyway.” He used as an example two young men who combined two inert elements to make a brand new compound. Everyone knows (or did prior to that) that inert elements will not combine with other elements – it’s impossible (until it’s not).
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments.