13 Favorite Songs
Posted by adamswife on February 7, 2008
1. To Each His Own – My father used to sing this to my mother. It was “their song.” I have always loved its sentiment and how much my dad loved my mom.
2. You Light Up My Life – Ed declared this to be “our song” when we were dating. It’s true – he does light up my life.
3. You Picked a Sad Time to Leave Me, Lucille – with slightly altered lyrics this is a song bemoaned by truckers – “You picked a sad time to leave me, loose wheel.”
4. Kentucky Babe – Our dad used to sing this to us after we were in bed at night. A beautiful lullaby full of love.
5. It’s a Grand Night for Singing – Just because I love to sing and this is so exuberant.
6. There’s No Business Like Show Business – Who can resist Ethel Merman at her most boisterous?
7. Some Enchanted Evening – Because it’s beautiful and romantic.
8. Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah – Because it’s so much fun to sing and so full of hope.
9. Now The Day Is Over – A beautiful prayer at the end of the day.
10. How Great Thou Art – Because He is great, because it makes my heart sing.
11. Hey! Jude – This is a song that was played frequently at dances I went to when I was young. It reminds me of the guy who gave me my first kiss.
12. The Wichita Lineman – See #11
13. Knock Three Times – Because it’s so much fun!